Lonely Planet Guides
Return to Travel Guides
Lonely Planet Guides are perhaps the best known travel
guides in the world. Here at The Map Shop we always have a large selection
in stock. The particular publications shown here are just a very small representation
of what is on our shelves at the time of making this web page. We keep not
just the popular destinations but the lesser known as well.
Before heading off on your tour make sure you come in or contact us for
the relevant Lonely Planet publication. You really don't want to leave home
without one of the following Lonely Planet product types.
TRAVEL GUIDES CITY GUIDES SHOESTRING
CONDENSED GUIDES CLASSIC OVERLAND ROUTE GUIDES
They also produce Road Atlases and City Maps
The full list of available guides is under constant revision with new editions and new
guides being added and some items being deleted. Please contact the shop with your
destination of interest and we can tell you what is currently available.
|Mexico - AUD$44.95
Fancy a fiesta? 9th edition.
Sunsoaked beaches, tacos and tequila - prepare for the vibrant glow of Mexico.
Helps you to explore Mexico City markets, Aztec and Mayan pyramids and more.
- advice on where to eat and sleep
- full colour highlights and itineraries for trip planning
- handy language chapter
- 185 maps
- over 1050 pages!
South-East Asia on a Shoestring - AUD$42.95
Your ticket to affordable adventure
This was the first guide ever produced by Lonely Planet. Now in its 12th
edition it has been carried by backpackers through Asia for over 25years!
- approx 170 maps
- eat, sleep and even indulge on the cheap
- includes Indonesia, Phillipines, Brunei, Cambodia, Myanmar(Burma), Malaysia
- useful phrase guide
- over 980 pages!
Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar - AUD$27.50
Demstifying the desert
Whether you're an expat or an independent traveller, you'll discover all
you need to know about these three Gulf States - from chaotic camel races
to traditional teahouses - with this indispensable guide.
- 12 maps, including a full-colour regional map
- up-to-date political, historical and cultural information
- extensive accommodation and restaurant options for all budgets
- helpful advice on getting around, including tips for self-drivers
- useful Arabic language chapter
- over 200 pages
Mauritius, Reunion and Seychelles - AUD$36.95
Cool vibes, warm beaches, smoking volcanoes. 5th edition.
Dive the reefs, hike the peaks, then relax with the tastiest Creole dinnerin
the Indian Ocean. This is your dive buddy, mountain guide and dining companionin
these island paradises.
- 50 detailed maps including Reunion hiking maps
- special section on diving and snorkelling
- accommodation options from mountain gites to beach resorts
- information on local cultures, architecture and cuisine
- handy phrases in French and Creole
- over 320 pages
The panel below appears on
all pages.It will allow you to return to this Home Page, place an Order for
map products,or leave an enquiry or message for The Map Shop staff.
Last updated 3rd January 2007